Well, it's a little difficult to believe that the next entry of this blog will be written from Taiwan. I leave the MTC around 5:30pm today, and I am so excited. There's a scripture in Jeremiah somewhere (20:19 or 19:20 or maybe none of the above...). Jeremiah was just being really oppressed and persecuted because he was crying repentance, and the people weren't taking to it very well. He says that he wanted to stop preaching, but he couldn't, because the word of God was in his heart like fire in his bones. That's sort of what I feel like, minus the being physically hounded and persecuted part. I am really grateful that I can share the thing that has brought me the most happiness full-time. I don't expect it to be particularly easy, but supremely satisfying.
This last week has been really good. Sister Nelson and I taught together for the last time on Saturday, and that was very weird. When we first started trying to plan teaching together, we disagreed all the time. We honestly did not communicate well, and we didn't understand why the other would want to do things a particular way. It always worked out alright once we actually got into the lesson, but the planning was sort of painful. Now I can barely remember what we were so disagreeable about. I honestly love teaching with her, and we've had some really amazing experiences together.
I'm a little heartbroken about leaving my district. They have really been more of a family to me. One of the elders in my district doesn't have a very supportive home. He is one of the nicest, best people I have ever met. It really tugged my heart strings when he said that being in the district had taught him what a good family was like. I mean, I'm glad to brighten his life, but sad that it needs that kind of brightening.
I wish I had more time to pour out my soul in this letter, but I really need to be going. I hope you are all well. I love letters. Remember that Taiwan has a postal service :)
Sister Andersen
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The scripture is in Jeremiah 20:9 :)
Thanks for pointing out that scripture. It's such a great image! And good luck with your first week in Taiwan! I can't wait to hear how it goes.
Post a Comment