Another week has flown by. Oh, speaking of weeks, this move will have seven weeks instead of six. I'm not sure why. So today is actually very close to the midpoint of the transfer. It seems impossible for so much time to have passed already (but it simultaneously feels like a long time...How does that work?). I suppose everything has been carrying on as usual, although life never feels anywhere close to monotonous or routine.
Last week on Friday we had Zone Conference in Kaohsiung. It was excellent, as usual. One thing I really liked from that was a statement by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, one of the twelve apostles. It's from "The Gift of Teaching", a segment in a worldwide training broadcast that the church does regularly (though I'd never seen any of it before my mission). He was reminding us once again that the Holy Ghost is the teacher, not us. I don't remember his exact words, but he said something along the lines of: "Don't try to dazzle them with your brilliance. Dazzle them with the brilliance of the gospel." Good for me to remember that if the thing being shared is of infinite worth, nothing could be more persuasive than simply a clear view of the thing itself.