Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Blog Mama Failure

I neglected to post anything last week. Sorry! Here's last week's installment:

Today we took a trip to the National Aquarium in Hengchun. President Hsu decided to organize this for the mission, with half going this week and half going next week. It was a rejuvenating change. I never cease to be amazed by the variety of aquatic life on earth. And, firmly believing in a world created by Christ under the direction of Heavenly Father, seeing the spectrum of things on earth gives me some insight into the character and creativity of God.

I've decided to enjoy the simplicity of my life now as much as I possibly can. It feels like part of my responsibility to focus my thoughts on the work at hand, which can sometimes be difficult, but overall is a huge blessing. I don't usually have to think much further than a few weeks down the road in terms of making concrete plans (aside from occasionally pondering on my eternal goals and what matters most in life in general). I know this will not always be the case, but maybe there are some lessons to be learned that will carry over (Sermon on the Mount, anyone? "Take no thought for tomorrow...").